Do you want to shape the future? Join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation!
Vattenfall Offshore Wind is looking to hire an experienced Head of Project Delivery. The Head of Project Delivery will be responsible for one of the largest portfolios of offshore construction projects in Europe and driving the organisation forward within project excellence.
Our growth strategy is ambitious – we aim for having commissioned 6 GW capacity by 2025 – and as Head of Project Delivery Offshore you will play a critical role in driving and developing Offshore wind towards process and project excellence.
Project Delivery is responsible for bringing the project from project award to final investment decision and later handover to the Asset Management and Operation. The Project Directors are reporting directly to you, and the same is the 3 Managers in the area.
You are responsible for construction projects of modern offshore windfarms with high focus on safety, budget and quality within the agreed timeline as well as focusing on the further development of our standardized project approach including using lesson learned and our RoadMap set-up.
The current project portfolio under the responsibility of Project Delivery is close to 3 GW. Covering the projects Danish near shore, Danish Kriegers Flak, Hollandske Kust South 1-4, and the final handover of Aberdeen and HR3 to operation.
As a people leader you empower others by communicating the overall picture in a way that everyone can relate to, and you build effective teams by establishing common goals and a shared mind-set. Furthermore, you strive to create a safe environment with a feedback culture where people can develop.
You will be part of Offshore Wind Management Team and report directly to the Head of Business Unit Offshore Wind.
The location of this position is flexible across our main locations, Amsterdam, Kolding, Hamburg or London. Regular business trips are required, knowing that your organisation will be spread on more locations.
As Head of Project Delivery Offshore your key responsibilities are:
- Install and construct offshore windfarms in a safe manner, on time, within budget and at the right quality;
- Lead the business with strong focus on a high performance culture and towards process and project excellence;
- Smooth cooperation within the matrix organization and further development of our portfolio approach;
- Project and stakeholder management in a collaborative way;
- High quality handover to the operation organization.
As the wind industry is rapidly changing you are able to navigate in a complex landscape and you have a commercial mindset. You set the strategic direction for the project organisation and you have the drive and passion to steer the department for success. You have a proven track record as Project Director and you have demonstrated your ability to drive project excellence.
- You are a highly motivating and communicative leader who is aware of the power of involvement;
- You have a natural authority, and you are able to stand firm, even in head wind;
- You can drive and implement changes – change leadership is one of your core competencies;
- Health, wellbeing and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary;
- You have proven your skills within negotiation and handling of large claims;
- You hold an university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment and from Offshore;
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
What we offer:
Work in an open, agile and modern environment and collaborating with great colleagues who support each other. Offering you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues and we support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money – join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one generation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 31 of October 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Adresse Arbeitsort Überseering 12, 22297 Hamburg, Deutschland
- Berufszweig Führungskräfte
- Stelle zu besetzen ab 2019-10-09
- Englisch verhandlungssicher
- Abschluss Bachelor, Master/Diplom, Dr./Prof.
- Berufserfahrung in Jahren 10+
- Arbeitszeitmodell Teilzeit, Vollzeit